Main Site

New Publications

Hot Press

-gives ratings out of 10
-497 of their reviews have been used for Metacritic https://www.metacritic.com/publication/hot-press
-58k followers on Twitter

The Digital Fix

-gives ratings out of 10
-reviews are used on Anydecentmusic

3 Likes

I like to suggest The Upcoming, which is a London online publisher that has over 4k followers through each social media platform.
They rate their albums based on a 5 star ratings.

Tom Jones: Surrounded by Time review — a thrusting legend grows old gracefully | Times2 | The Times

Punknews .org

arguably one of the most important publications in the indie punk scene, was honestly pretty surprised when I saw that they weren’t on here, they meet all your criteria too

1 Like

Blender

Blender :: guide (archive.org)

Hi !

I know here you’re mostly English speaking people
 Still it would harm to add foreign websites that are big in their countries, especially when Google offers quick translation features.

Here is one I suggest, from France: CoreAndCo webzine (they have reviewers that also write in magazines
 I know it, being of of them haha)

how about far out mag in the UK? Nice twitter following and good reviews

[Music]
(Music)

Robert Christgau
https://robertchristgau.com/cg.php

Would like to suggest adding punknews.org as a critic reviewer.

1 Like

Select Magazine (90’s albums and complety [selectmagazinescans.monkeon.co.uk]
Blender (important 00’s)
Stylus Magazine (similar to p4k)

Another vouch for punknews.org, crazy that they still haven’t been added.

i was looking through old magazines for Metal Hammer reviews and saw that Metal Forces was not on aoty but do reviews, examples below:

hope it will eventually get added!

I would really appreciate it if Chronicles of Chaos was added as a publication to count for the critic score. Despite them ceasing operations in 2015, they were a non-profit publication that had published 7,500 reviews, interviews and opinion articles in the span of 2 decades. [Today, their site remains up as an archive.] They were arguably one of the most influential extreme metal webzines, and I feel like it would be a disservice not to count them towards the aggregate.

Arguably hip hop’s most prominent magazine of all time still isn’t in the database - The Source - Wikipedia
It was a helluva lot more relevant than hiphopdx has ever been. It would be most useful to add critic ratings to older albums.

Lots of hip hop albums on wiki have their ratings referenced - e.g. - All Eyez on Me - Wikipedia

Online reviews - Hip Hop Music Reviews - The Source

Here’s another site that is missing:

rapreviews.com has been around for over 2 and a half decades. They have 7,500 reviews and are still highly active. Adding them as a critic would be a great addition to the site!