Main Site

Remove fantano as a certified critic

he rates extremely

4 Likes

No u

That’s ignorant. He’s been reviewing music for over a decade. He earned that position of recognition. Keep him.

12 Likes

Not a huge fan of him (Honestly, I find his content quite obnoxious), but (Excluding Roger Ebert) there is no overlooking the fact that he’s by far the only music critic that people know by name and has substantial fanbase to top it off.
So no, removing Fantano as a certified critic without a justified reason is a silly move.

15 Likes

How is his ratings ‘extreme’?

I don’t agree with some of his reviews, but I don’t see how that makes him uncertified.

3 Likes

I don’t think he should be removed. I get that he isn’t a publication that writes in magazines or stuff but he might be the only critic that people pay attention too. maybe with the exception of Pitchfork

Supporting this, he is a self-promoter and not a real critic. He intentionally rates extremely to get more Youtube clicks.

2 Likes

Hell yeah fuck that bald knob.

1 Like

Rates extremely…what? His goddamn reviews aren’t even hot takes. We all have at least a handful of unpopular opinions. Burn Fantano at the stake for being like everyone else? Seriously, I gotta stress this. He is not a contrarian. His ratings are pretty based with the Reddit community and this place. So stop clowning, please.

2 Likes

Let a man have his opinion and share it with the world. I fail to see just how Fantano being on AOTY is an issue. How is this any different from a music critic who writes a review in a music magazine like Pitchfork?

1 Like

why? he’s had a major impact on rym and aoty

1 Like

cry but he’s better than NME/the independent etc, who clearly have their biases.

3 Likes

man this dudes ratings are all over the place and sometimes suck but yall gotta chill out, yall cry too much over shit that dont matter

3 Likes