Main Site

Sunday Reviews Pitchfork

Hello Rob

Today P4k release sunday review Massive Attack - Mezzanine

And put 9.3

In 1998 they put 8.1

I send email p4k and this is they

Put 9.3 in this review

What do others think? Should they be allowed to revise their scores like this?

I know AllMusic changes their scores occasionally, and I update them here when they are pointed out. Should publications be held to their original score?

In this case , 8.1 review is a old review , is impossible that p4k change rating

In case of doubt, what I do is send an email to the magazine and they clarify the doubt.

But in any case, there are few occasions in which this happens.

Yes

It’s difficult because I think many people, including myself, change their opinions on album scores quite a lot but at the same time Pitchfork and other publications might lose credibility if they were to do this often. I think, like in this specific case, publications should be able to revise their scores if they believe that the previous review was not dealt with properly / truly reflect their views, however I also think it would have to be on a fairly old album such as Massive Attack’s Mezzanine.

The problem is

all p4k review between 1996-1999 delete website and is impossible that p4k change rating

I changed the rating to their new score. The fact that the archived review is no longer on the site was a major factor. I doubt they will do a Sunday Review for an abum they currently have on the site, so I don’t think we will run into this often.

1 Like

Totally agree

I think the original review should be given priority. In my view it’s more valuable to know what the initial reception was when the album came out, without the benefit of hindsight. However, there are definitely some albums that the people at Pitchfork desperately wish they’d given a different score. For instance, they gave Discovery by Daft Punk a 6.4 upon release but later listed it as the 3rd best album of the 2000s.

If you see my screem email

P4k New scored is actual opinion

Now 10/10