Main Site

Wrong or low quality album cover art

Regarding the album cover art, there are plenty of wrong or low quality album cover. I’m not going to point it out one by one. Some album cover art looks very different from the original one in terms of the colour and tone. Is there any possible way to change them? I know it’s some minor stuff. However, it really doesn’t look good when the cover art looks so different from the original. The best way I think is to import the cover art from iTunes or Discogs.

Most of the artwork is imported from iTunes. Could you post a few examples and I’ll see how much they differ?

I know, most of the artwork looks fine for me. But in Pink Floyd’s Animals, the sky should be dark blue and the buildings are more colourful and sharper.

This is the one on AOTY:

This is the one from iTunes:

Anyway, thanks for answering me

The Beatles - Abbey Road
AOTY:

iTunes:

Aracde Fire - Funeral
AOTY:

iTunes:

Animal Collective - Spirit They’re Gone, Spirit They’ve Vanished
AOTY:

Genius:

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
AOTY:

iTunes:

The Beatles - The Beatles (minor thing but the number on the bottom right disturb me)
AOTY:

iTunes:

RHCP - Californication
AOTY:

Genius:

I believe there are plenty more poor quality album arts. I think we can be given an option to add album art. However, we have to cite the source of the photo (e.g. iTunes) and the photo need to be approved by moderators just like what we did with adding critic reviews.

Just my little suggestion as I always love to use this website to find out new music and share my favourite music with others. Thank you so much Rob!

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell Live

Wrong album cover art

AOTY:

Spotify: