Main Site

AOTY is better than RYM

There’s still only one staff member, which isn’t nearly enough to actually keep a site like this up to date and looked after properly

4 Likes

AOTY has a lot less features but goddamn I fucking love the interface

3 Likes

I second that, sometimes I think that simplicity in this case makes the greatness

RYM has pretty bad modding too

2 Likes

Don’t use RYM, and definitely don’t give them money by subscribing. The mods are complete %$#^. If you get into an argument with a friend of a mod, you will be banned.

2 Likes

Same thing happens on RYM though and they have more mods.

Not a decent amount of appreciation of everything on RYM. There’s not a lot of appreciation for Christian music on there.

1 Like

I like RYM, but was curious if it’s possible to migrate all my ratings from RYM to AOTY? RYM has a CSV file attached to your account.

I literally got genre banned because I jokingly put goregrind on Among Us Trap remix. When no one else was taking it seriously. Movie rating banned because I gave Morbius a 5. Banned for “harrassing staff” for rightly constructively criticizing their poor modding and making some very mild jokes. The admin is on a power trip.

Like fine, genre ban me. But a whole effing year?? All I asked for them was to give me punishment proportionate to what I did, like maybe 2 weeks or something. But no, it’s a year and then after a year you gotta go beg to daddy to get your privileges back. Such BS.

2 Likes

Due to the responses of these rude mods at RYM. I banned them from giving me a database on there in the future. People at RYM banned me earlier and are pretty rude about that.

3 Likes

RYM mods are just insufferable. They love to power play and bully users; they literally banned me for doing nothing. They will reap what they sow one day.

1 Like