Main Site

Personal Average Rating

I would love if there would be a way to see a user’s average rating number, in addition to the frequency of certain numbers that is already available.

8 Likes

I like the idea and with the changes going on improving the site now is the time to do it.
Also be useful to check on abusers of the system.
I would imagine my average would be very low 70’s. An average honest average IMHO.
Anything above 85+ would need to be checked.

3 Likes

also flip side to that any average below 35, we would have to create a system for scores too low/too high, also how long before those profiles would have to be checked, also with number of ratings.
But I say that should be done after just simply implementing an average score for users. I have a excel sheet that i use to keep track of my average and mine is around 68

1 Like

The only problem with simply measuring for too low/too high averages is that it doesn’t account for those annoying accounts that only do 100s and 0s… since they would roughly even out

RYM uses a weighting system for accounts, and I think their average rating deviation (the average difference between their ratings and the albums’ averages) is one of the main things taken into account. if that gets ludicrously high, the account’s rates are de-weighted and not included in album averages

Maybe something like this needs to be implemented, since this seems to be such a big problem on the site. Also, maybe accounts shouldnt get any weighting at all until they hit a certain number of rates (a relatively low number like 50 or something to keep the site accessible/functional for new users)

2 Likes