Main Site

Correction of albums with false info

I’ve noticed quite a few entries on the website with false info such as wrong release dates, wrong labels, and sometimes no info added in at all.

It would be really cool to see something like a simple feature where users can flag/correct info where they see needed as well as provide a source for the correction. Could anything like this happen, Rob?

thanks.

3 Likes

Hello Rob

with you put a release

and only know year release ex 1973 , web obligation to put 1973-01-01 and is incorrent can you fix it?

I’ve been wanting to add something like this for a long time now, but have never gotten around to it. I’ll see if I can get something like this put together soon.

1 Like

I think I have figured this out now. If a release only has a partial date, fill the month or day part with 00 (eg 1964-11-00 or 1964-00-00) and the site should format it correctly.

Excellent Rob

There’s been a few times I’ve accidentally filled in a partial date incorrectly such as 1981-12-0 and it still goes though. Some data validation for these types of errors would be nice to avoid improper album entries from idiots like me.