Main Site

Bts

1000+ ratings. 955 90-100 ratings. Seriously, it’s gotten to a point where we can’t do anything about it, honestly. I think we should just delete the EP from the site. Then possibly re add it. Also, please make it so you can’t make an account so easily. possibly having to verify your email right after you sign up or if you don’t use your account in like a week it gets it’s ratings hidden until you log in. something like that.

9 Likes

who cares?

2 Likes

clearly i do you dumbass

4 Likes

good call. delete it.

make it so scores are determined through an algorithm. the current site doesn’t allow for any growth

Its a rhetorical question :slight_smile: dumbass
You know where you ask a question not for a response but to make a point?

Like its a drag, but they’ll fuck off in a week. And all the measures you mentioned won’t stop these kinds of superfans at all, and will end up being more of an inconvenience to the people who actually run this site and the people who want to be a part of this site.

Like we always go through this and respond the same way maybe, next time you see an artist with a massive biased following, listen to the album, rate it how you see fit, write a review about how commercial music doesn’t even need to be reviewed because there isn’t much to review and move on, I have a feeling there wouldn’t be over 1000 bot accounts had that happened. Can’t blame the site for peoples fandom, its like complaining about the billboard top 100

1 Like

I know this is the fans doing this, but this doesn’t happen on other sites like this, and I do see it as an issue because it fucks with the charts. I know they don’t mean shit, but adding a 1000 perfect ratings fucks up the entire communities view on the album. It’s now not what the general audience of aoty.com thinks of the album, its what the general audience thinks of the album plus 1100 assholes who gave it either a 0 or an 100. And the billboard top 100 and the bts page are completely uncomparable for that reason. Billboard takes every stream basically in existence into account, they don’t exclude 90% of people who don’t listen to BTS.
Also that’s not the right use of Rhetorical, and you didn’t make a point at all, because if you look at the actual page for the album, a lot of people clearly care. dumbass

5 Likes

100% AGREE. Straight up INFURIATING that we’ve built up such a caring and diverse community just to get absolutely PISSED on by kpop stans that are so incredibly petty and childish. Legit going to double down on my comp sci degree so I can build a fucking bot filter to get this garbo out of the site.

2 Likes

I STRONGLY agree

when are we going to be able to sentence users to death? i feel like that is the only way this discussion is heading.

Ok so i came here looking to see if people were talking about what the issue really is. After reading some comments from years ago, in light of recent events, it sounds like this has been an issue for a long time. It sounds like there are concerns with the size of bts’s fandom affecting some algorithm on this platform, because that affects recommendations pushed out to users? Does this platform also serve the billboard charts as well and is this affecting other artists’ performance on the charts/industry? I’m confused by that connection so I appreciate if anyone can elaborate further.

I am reaching out for clarification as a music lover and musician myself, in good faith, to try and learn more about the situation, & to see if there’s a proposition we can make to find a mutually beneficial solution for all. I can tell you all are passionate about music so I feel like I can reason with you to try and help see each other’s sides.

I’ve seen some folks talk about streaming in relation to billboard charts, but if you’re really interested, I implore you to dive into the extensive research conducted by fans and even rolling stone to investigate the role of payola on Spotify playlisting & subsequent boosting the platform’s relevancy on (what I would argue is obsolete) charts, just like radio. And the fact that bts’s label refuses to participate in payola, combined with the fandom numbering in the millions of MONTHLY RETURN listeners, results in the unprecedented astronomical filtering rate on that platform (up to 50% in some cases!!).

all this to say that army is an extremely intelligent, well organized, massive fandom that has had to work very hard to ensure the artists we support are sufficiently recognized for their endless hard work, talent, resilience, & thoughtfulness. we are an extemely diverse global fandom, and we are used to the same dismissive misogynistic/racist/xenophobic/homophobic/techno-orientalist remarks people (particularly westerners, especially white, especially men) use, including by those of you reviewing the latest D-Day album in an attempt to “fight the bots”.

well, i am also here to tell you that we are not bots. there’s a lot of us. our immediately sold out world stadium tours can tell you that if you cared to check it out. This rhetoric is used when people tend to dismiss anything kpop or kpop adjacent as “factory-produced/mechanical/etc.”. Tho a big part of techno-orientalism, equating factories with Asian products, is a direct result of western colonization and influence, so really like if you have a problem with it, take it to the source. It’s a result of working hard to fight against colonizers. And also, removes any humanity from the people (of color!) who you’re so easily dismissing. These are real people. If you want proof, watch the music video of amygdala. Based on a true experience of Agust D, having a conversation with his own brain as he processes trauma. I bet some of you could even relate.

As ARMY myself, I know that our fandom is not one to be trifled with, so just a heads up I’d warn you to exercise caution with d/ëåth threats and the like.

2 Likes