Main Site

Can an user suggest/register a single on AOTY.org so it is visible in the site search bar and available to rate?

By that I mean registering a certain single on the site so that it becomes available to be rated/reviewed disctincly from the album.
I saw that some singers/bands only have their LP’s&EPs available in the search results, while others have their LPs,EPs but also some of their singles available to be rated.
If the answer is affirmative, how can I do this? I didn’t find anywhere this kind of info. I’m also new here…
A second question would be - I noticed that all the singles that make it to the “Best/Worst Singles of insert year” have at least 25 ratings. So I guess this is a condition for that single to make it to the chart. However, I saw that a single had 26 ratings and only 3 of them were ratings. So I guess, there might be 2 conditions : 25 ratings, but 5 of them should also be reviews? Am I wrong?

You can definitely search for singles:

You can see here Needles by Gel. which is a single they’ve just released, not only that but they’re an AOTY user who’s making music.

And yeah, to be officially compared to albums/EPs etc. you need 25 ratings from Users. And to compare to critics, 5 proper reviews

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes, I noticed that some singles appear in the search bar, but also there are multiple missing singles.

It’s up to every artist to register them on the site or there’s a way that users can request their registration to an admin?

When adding an album, you can choose what type of release it is. You can access this page under the drop down menu when clicking your profile name or from an artist page.

**EDIT:** I'm not sure if adding a single was your question after reading it again. I'll keep my post up just in case.

// Drop down menu
drop

// From artist page
artistpage

// Type
single

1 Like

@PhDAlchemist Thank you so much !
Indeed, it concerned adding a single or an album. You fully answered it.

1 Like