Main Site

Future Legends (Predictions)

I was thinking about which artists of the new generation have that real “star quality” and what are the factors that play into it and how someone in 2020 can make an impact that lasts long into the future.

Sometimes I think that the most iconic artists are sometimes the most misunderstood but that can only play into their iconography.

So old school artists that I think classify as iconic are: Madonna, Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Nina Simone (Please can y’all add to this list?)

Current iconic artists: Rihanna, Cardi B, Kanye, Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears (Please can y’all add to this list?)

Future iconic: Doja Cat, Bree Runway, NEO 10Y, FKA Twigs, Lil Nas, slowthai (any additions?)

1 Like

Hi, these are my suggestions/opinions, besides yours of course:

Old school iconic artists: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, U2, The Beach Boys, The Clash, Pink Floyd

Current iconic artists: Drake, Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Taylor Swift, Frank Ocean, Bjork, Coldplay, Adele, Ariana Grande

Future iconic: The 1975, Car Seat Headrest

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Someone who I did think would be a future Icon in the rap scene was Earl Sweatshirt. I was calling it around 2012ish but 8 years later I feel I was off quite a bit.

As far as people for the future, there’s a few I think have potential; Santan Dave, Bree Runway, and Boogie. I can’t really name many bands because I think the whole rock genre has been pretty bad the last 10 years. Maybe Catfish and the Bottlemen? Not 100% on them.

1 Like

Nice references!

little Simz

1 Like

Rina Sawayama?

2 Likes

Definitely!

Yesssss, she’s at AWAL with NEO 10Y who is one of the artists I wrote above and they just dropped “Shortcut To World Peace”:

Has me shook.

Also wanna see Jaden win!

I think Julianna Joy might be. She is a great song writer. Her lyrics are awesome, she has a great voice, which someone described as a Siren on twitter, she is not even signed by a record label and she is getting a lot of listeners per month on Spotify.