Main Site

Having troubles rating albums / need advices

So I just started using AOTY, and so far I am enjoying using the website while listening to albums. However, I am having troubles giving a score for each album I have listened to, because I just could not find a proper way to accurately rate an album, since the overall score is 100, which is a lot harder than giving star ratings. So far, how I rate an album is that I give a score for every song on an album/EP based on my enjoyment level, and then I add up every song score, and take the average score by dividing the total score with the number of tracks in that record (including interludes). In my opinion, the average score I calculated from that album does not really correlate with my true feelings towards the records, and I have difficulties deciding on the intervals and figuring out which score is more accurate (etc. should I give this album an 81 or 82 or 83…). So my question is how do you guys accurately rate an album on AOTY? I would love to know your methods that I can use effectively.

1 Like