Main Site

How do i remove the "spam control enabled" so i can review a certain album

i don’t know if this is something that is happening only to me or someone else. Because i see that the album is still getting new reviews all the time but for some reason i’m not allowed to review it. I get the “spam control enabled” message and they won’t let me rate it, review it, or even leave a comment. I’m tired of this because i’ve been wanting to review this album since APRIL and they still won’t let me. It’s seriously making me want to stop using the site.Wtf do i need to do to be able to review any album i want without getting that stupid message?

1 Like

Does it happen to be the Melanie Martinez album that came out around the time?

Unfortunately you cannot disable the setting, I believe they enact it to reduce small and hateful reviews. It’s unfortunate, but sometimes it’ll stop for a small period of time so you might find a way to review it someday!

1 Like

Yeah it’s portals. I find it weird that every day it gets new reviews which means that some people are clearly not getting the spam control message. But if it stops for small periods of time i just gotta keep checking until eventually i’m able to do it. It absolutely sucks tbh and i hate it, i think they should find another way to limit spam that doesn’t involve playing a guessing game for when spam control is actually down. It stops people that actually want to review it from doing so, smh.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely agree with that.

I got lucky and found a period of time where I could write a 2,000+ word essay on it, and post just before it got cut off from the public again, but I wish there were a warning or a filter or something.

1 Like

Ok, to everyone reading this
i was able to leave a review
i think that you need to leave at least 10 reviews and 10 ratings on other albums
since i refused to use the site until they let me review the album i never got to 10 of those. I tried multiple things and i think that that was the thing that ended up letting me review it. If not, also make a list, follow someone, and try then. It might help to have an account after a few months.
I’m sharing this information because i think that the spam control system is extremely flawed and is a horrible implementation to stop spam reviews and it’s more discouraging for people that actually care about reviewing the album and might have a new account, just like i did.

1 Like