Main Site

How does the RATE TRACKS feature work?

Hi, everyone!

So, on AOTY, I’ve noticed this RATE TRACKS feature that is on some albums, and through that, I can rate each track of an album individually. For example, Sufjan Stevens’s newest album A Beginner’s Mind has this feature.

However, another album of his that came out the same year as this one, Convocations, does not have this feature.

So, it begs these questions:

1. How does this feature get implemented? Because of the album’s popularity or other things?

AND

1. Can users recommend albums (on this topic, for example) that could have the RATE TRACKS feature on them, or is this unwelcome for moderators?

This is a great feature for AOTY and it really benefits the site tenfold, but at the same time, it opens up the door for questionnaire, and hopefully this topic gets the conversation going, needed or not.

Thank you!

3 Likes
  1. Yes by the poplarity, if the albums got a lot of attention, the admin will add that feature
  2. Idk but I think they will only add for new releases
1 Like

That’s one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever heard, and I’m not trying to be mean. It’s silly to think that you can only rate tracks on whatever album the admins feel like implementing the feature for. Crazy.

1 Like

Actually, premium users can add rateable tracks, so long the album either has 2 critic scores, 100 user scores, and is either an LP, EP, or Mixtape.