Main Site

Purple and bronze "must hear albums"

what do they mean??, i’m seeing for a while many must-hear albums with a purple or bronze seal, i just want to know what they are.

5 Likes

I do not know either and it makes me crazy that there is no official explanation anywhere — sometimes this platform is chaotic.

2 Likes

Bronze seals are for user must-hears. “Albums must have a user score of 80 and above with at least 500 reviews to make this list.” Purple seals are for albums that are both critic and user must-hears. “Albums must have a critic score of 80 and above with at least 15 reviews and a user score of 80 and above with at least 500 reviews to make this list.” You can find both of these notes on the Must-Hear subdirectory of the AOTY main site. Just select the tab of interest and scroll to the bottom of the page.

4 Likes

A Blue album is solely a critic must-hear album (15+ critic reviews AND 80+ average critic score) A Purple album is both a critic and user must-hear album (15+ critic reviews AND 80+ average critic score AND 500+ user ratings AND 80+ average user score) A Orange album is solely a user must-hear album (500+ user ratings AND 80+ average user score)

3 Likes

Thank you so much @EricMartin and @Bobby792003

1 Like