Main Site

Questions regarding new label system + new genre

I just noticed that now the label system works in a similar way as the genres one, but we can only add them from some type of list. Where can we suggest more labels?

Also, on a different note, I also saw that the atmospheric sludge metal genre just got added to AOTY. Do we send albums that have sludge metal + post-metal so you can remove those two and just leave atmosludge?

2 Likes

Users will be able to add new Labels soon. It just wasn’t ready yet.

I would start by removing your vote from those labels. If there are any that stick out to you, submit a correction and I’ll fix them.

Just a note, it would probably be better to have suggested Atmospheric Sludge Metal as a write in suggestion instead of using the two other genres. The more write in suggestions a genre gets, the more likely it will be added to the site.

4 Likes

Users can create labels if they aren’t already added to the site now.

4 Likes

Thank you. I have another question: for some releases that had a label before this new system, their labels don’t appear underlined. If I add a label to a release with a not-underlined label, will it get replaced?

2 Likes

yes it will be replaced, that happened to me

2 Likes

Yeah, if it’s not linked to the label page, it is still just using the old text field system. Updating the label will get it on the new system.