Main Site

Users adding artists pictures

Is there any reason why users cannot add artists pictures when we add a new album to the site of a new artist? Or is there already a way and I’m just dumb?

4 Likes

I had considered allowing it in the past, but I’ve recently been threatened with copyright infringement over a couple artist pictures and I only imagine it would be worse if users were able to upload them.

So unfortunately it’s just me who’s going to have to find a pic for every artist…

15 Likes

How do other sites find a way around this kind of thing? Discogs, RYM, and MetalArchives are chock full of artist pictures, and I cant imagine they rely on staff to add everything manually. Maybe let users submit pictures for your approval, for the time being? That could streamline things if you just had a queue of stuff to approve. Also, adding a legal warning before users add artist images might defer some of the responsibility onto them

9 Likes

Not sure how active this is. I’ve noticed that “that weird giraffe kid” is still in need of a profile picture

1 Like

Need of profile picture:

1 Like

Hi! It would be great if you could add this artist´s profile pictures, since they are getting a lot of reviews on the site, and their albums are ranked as some of the best in the year they were released.

Hey @Rob , I think it would be prett neat if you could add a profile picture for these bands. I know copyright can be a pain for this, that’s why I attach a public domain pictures of the bands. Argentina (the country these two bands are from) has a copyright law which says all photographies become public domain after twenty years of their publication.

Almendra_-Tapa_Almendra_II-_1970

spinetta jade

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hey @Rob , I don’t want to be annoying or anything, I know you must have a lot of work managing all this. But somehow this artist, KHEA has a profile picture (with only 4 total ratings) and none of the artists mentioned above have one (+400 combined and with really high scores).

replica x Aphex Twin
Mind adding this for “Shaffer The Darklord”?.

1 Like

hi!!!
it’ll be very nice if you can upload a photo here, thx xx

Can someone please upload this photo to the page of “Travis Shaw” he has put out a good crop of work and still has no photo on the profile. Thank you!

Hi @Rob! Could you please add this profile image for IDER? It’s my shot so no permissions required.

Thanks!

Delawness needs a profile pics, we are his label and we are granting permission to add a pic.

checking on this pls @Rob :slight_smile:

hi!! @Rob this is a bit of a late reply but i’ve been adding Honey Gentry’s discography to the site, so could you add a profile pic to her page? if possible ofc

Kindly add a photo of this artist too. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hey can you add this pic for C4Y? https://www.albumoftheyear.org/artist/158944-c4y/

avatars-mMt74zFHqEggsa1l-vR1t3g-t500x500

Oh I was wondering about this lol… makes sense… yeah well, it sucks we can upload the photos but copyright it’s so important that oh well… c’est la vie !

Can Quadeca get a new pfp? Like dude was 15 when the picture being used was taken I think it’s in need of an update.
Something like this maybe? https://www.albumoftheyear.org/artist/48289-quadeca/

Hello @Rob I Help Manage The Artist Acidgvrl & her music. I was wondering if this photo could be added to her Account to be used as a User/Profile photo? Thank you in advance. https://www.albumoftheyear.org/artist/151144-acidgvrl/