Main Site

Why do so many artist pages have no profile pictures?

Why is it that the majority of artist profiles I find for not the top well-known artists are just blank? How are images added to artist profiles, it looks bad…

2 Likes

That is because Rob hasn’t added the profile picture to them yet, and users aren’t allowed to add profile pictures to artists.
So in terms of that stuff, you will have to ask Rob to add a profile picture to a artist, since this is the only way to do so.
Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you for providing an answer and help. I was thinking the community here was gone. I wish there was a more streamlined way to do this. Relying on one person to add all pictures for all artists seems very unsustainable. No wonder there is a huge amount of blank artist pictures.

We have tried reaching out to Rob but it seems like it’s not really something they are currently responding to.

Hi @mbptwc

I totally understand you! Had the same thoughts before. However I’m glad to say that Rob is till very active and improving the website everyday.

I also recommend to join the official Discord server since everybody is more active there then here.

1 Like

Hello @JustMeTom - your message here and most recent post you made on the forum gives me a lot of hope about the future of this site. I wish site had moderators and/or more admins that could take care of the many metadata requests and issues that arise. I do appreciate what Rob has created with AOTY and I believe it’s a solid platform for music data. I’ve been trying to get some kind of answer regarding the artist profile pictures since it’s something that somewhat bothers me to see (I have OCD haha) but it’s been many months and posts until I got a response from users on this post. I was honestly starting to think the website/community was dying and it was a sad thing to imagine.

However, I’m glad to hear Rob is active and actively working on the site. I will be joining the Discord. I had no idea there even was one.

I just hope Rob can share with us if there is some kind of criteria or threshold for what artist pages get a profile picture and which don’t.

1 Like